Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What Messes You Up?

Recently, I've coming across some thoughts that have absolutely messed me up! Here are some I felt focused more on the vision God has given us for Encounter. I've posted more quotes over on my eSomething blog here.

CRAIG GROESCHEL [Swerve]
I believe one of the biggest ministry challenges in our day is small vision. Without intentional effort, most people tend to think small, play it safe, and avoid risks. Is God honored by the size of your vision?

To reach people that nobody else is reaching, you have to do things that nobody else is doing.

MARK BATTERSON [Evolutional]
Most people are bored with their faith. And as Soren Kierkegaard said, boredom is the root of evil. You cannot live by faith and be bored simultaneously

FRANCIS CHAN in Crazy Love
Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to other believers.

Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.

TROY KENNEDY [NewWorship]
Is my heart broken for the things that break Jesus' heart? Does my heart rejoice over the things that Jesus rejoices over?

BILL HYBELS in Axioms
Passion always leads.

PERRY NOBLE [blog]
We need to accept people where they are. Meet them where the are. And take them to a place where they can meet Jesus.

A disciple isn’t someone who knows a lot of information. It’s someone who says, ‘Jesus, I will follow you.’

People ask me how I hear the voice of God. How do you not hear the voice of the Lord? ... Where there is no expectation, there is seldom any revelation.

Share with us: What messes you up?

No comments:

Post a Comment